An exciting day of learning , networking, and more presented by UW‑Madison
Expanded to 15 breakout topics!
A wide-ranging skill set is essential for effective leadership and management.
The 1-day Rethinking Leadership conference gives you a chance to explore useful and thought provoking topics that will help deepen your understanding of leadership and add to your tools and resources. The conference 15 new breakout sessions are an innovative, exciting way to learn. Here are just a few of the topics:
- Capitalizing on your leadership strengths
- Inviting feedback on your leadership style
- Negotiating effectively by using your power wisely
- To share or not to share; the question of transparency
- How the changing nature of loyalty affects leaders
- Managing conflict within your teams productively
Walking the Talk May Not Be What You Think It Is
Oscar Mireles is an active and highly honored community leader. He has been executive director of the Omega School for over 22 years, helping thousands of students complete their General Education Diploma. In 2016, Oscar was recognized by In Business Magazine as one of the “15 Most Influential People in Dane County,” selected to the “M” List by Madison Magazine, and acknowledged by Madison365.com as one of “the 48 most powerful Latinos in Wisconsin.”